Who Pays For The Hens Night?
So you are throwing your bestie the hens night of her dreams – congratulations on being a MOH or Bridesmaid at such a special time in her life! This is such a beautiful milestone in your friendship and the selfies and memories will be adored for ever after! Once the initial glitter and excitement settles from being asked to be in her bride tribe, more practical questions come flooding in – who pays for the hens night? Does the hen pay for herself? Are the bridesmaids expected to pay for the hens night? How do I get people to pay on time for the hens party package? Never fear – the hens party experts at My Ultimate Hens have you covered – with our pro tips and tricks to ensure smooth sailing when it comes to the logistics of planning her final fling before the ring!
In Australia, it is tradition for each guest to pay for herself to attend the hens party. When sending out your invites, be specific about what the hens party package includes, so people know exactly how much they are spending and what they are spending it on. It is not expected that the bridal party forks out the cash for everyone attending. Typically, the deposit that needs to be paid for the hens party package would be covered by the bridal party, by the bridesmaids or Maid of Honour paying upfront for their cost. The rest of the invitees then pay the chief bridesmaid their per head cost.
What about the Hens own cost?
There is no hard and fast rule for this one when it comes to whether or not the bride to be pays for her own hens party. There are a few ways that this is done, so settle in for some reading and My Ultimate Hens will take you through the options!
1. The bridal party covers the bride’s cost – sometimes the gals in the bridal party divide the hens head cost between themselves, as a tip of the cap to their bestie when being asked to be in the bridal party. This involves each of the bridal party chipping in a little more to cover your bride to be.
2. Divide the cost of the bride between the whole party. Quite often, the bridesmaids will add a bit of an extra cost on their invites, above what the hens party package is actually costing them. This is to cover the brides cost – and sometimes to also cover other hens party bits like merch, hens night sashes, decorations, cupcakes at the like. A bonus of organising the hens party package payments this way means that if lots more people do end up coming, the BM’s will have a pool of money left over to use to spoil the hen – perhaps by buying her favourite bottle of bubbly or perfume as a gift for the night!
3. The Mother Of The Bride! Often here in the My Ultimate Hens office we hear truly lovely stories of the MOB chipping in for her daughters cost – to cover the brides payment for the hens party. Feel out your hens Mum to see if this is something she would be willing to consider, and to keep it fair perhaps the bridal party then agree to chip in for decorations or little extras to save one person having to carry the load!
4. The Fiancé – this one always makes our hearts go ‘awwww’ here at My Ultimate Hens HQ! We have had many fiancé’s in the past work with the bridal party to ensure that their bride to be doesn’t need to fork out the cost of her own hens. We have even had the betrothed contact us to add on surprises such as a stretch limousine or additional drinks package so that their soon to be Mrs has the hens she deserves – how cute is that! Have a chat to her fiancé about how much they want to be involved in adding in some surprises for their bride to be on her hens night – so you know where you can splurge on the things that really matter to her!
5. Buyer beware! Lots of companies have a ‘hen goes free’ offer – however we all know that there is no such thing as a free lunch! What they often do, is they falsely inflate their prices to cover the hens cost in their retail rate, and then claim that ‘the hen goes for free!’ – be really careful with this type of hens party package – not only will you end up paying far more overall if you come in with more than the minimum amount of people on the package, you also won’t be getting the fair price of what the package is worth! Don’t let tacky marketing get in the way of ensuring your bestie has the night she deserves!
The great news is that with all My Ultimate Hens party packages, we provide hens night invite templates, hens game ideas and support on all of those logistical questions that come with planning your besties hens party! Have a perve over all of the amazing hens party packages available by clicking the ‘Browse Packages’ tab below – or give us a call on 1300339734, to air any questions you may have about how payments work, which option will suit your bestie the best, and how to plan the Ultimate hens party for her final fling!
Chat soon beautiful Bridesmaids! Clink Clink, The My Ultimate Hens Party Gals x
Planning A Hens PartyWho Pays For A Hens PartyBride To BeMother Of The BrideHow Do Hens Party Payments WorkWho Pays For The Bride On A HensHen Goes FreePlanning A Hens NightHens Weekend PackagesBridal Party Advice
- Hens Party Ideas That Showcase The Gold Coast
- How To Make A Hens Party Special
- Hen Party Songs to Dance the Night Away To
- Classy Hens Ideas on the Gold Coast!
- What to Wear to a Daytime Hens Do
- Top 7 Hens Do Must Haves
- What to Wear on a Hens Night
- Hens Party Cocktails - The Best Hens Night Cocktails
- Popular Hens Night Gifts
- Top Aussie Hens Party Destinations
- Hens Party Games
- Hens Night Packages in Adelaide that Showcase the City
- Classy Hens Night Ideas in Adelaide
- Five Unique Adelaide Hens Party Ideas
- Our Top 5 Reasons Why Perth Winery Tours Are an Amazing Hens Party Idea!